The Boston Chapter of the American Marketing Association, originally named the “New England Chapter,” was one of eight chapters to first organize under the American Marketing Society in 1934. Three years after the New England Chapter was organized, The American Marketing Society merged with the National Association of Marketing Teachers to form the American Marketing Association. This consolidation took place on January 1, 1937. The National Association of Marketing Teachers dates back to 1915.
The American Marketing Association operated as a not-for-profit unincorporated association until June 22, 1951, when its members voted to change to a not-for-profit corporation, incorporating in the State of Illinois.
The New England Chapter changed its name in 1951 to “Boston Chapter” and has continued its long tradition of excellence operating as a not-for-profit educational organization in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.